The Colosseum is the second most popular attraction in Italy. Audio Guide Colosseum Rome is a city full of museum highlights. Rome’s main attractions offer much more than tourist attractions. Rome’s Colosseum stadia is famous for its structure and the brutal history unfolding within its confines. Rome’s Colosseum stadia is famous for its structure and the brutal history unfolding within its confines.
History of Colosseum:
The Colosseum allows one to explore one of the most important and valuable historical sites in Rome. The Colosseum is a witness of many natural and four centuries. To date, the Colosseum is the largest amphitheater built since its construction in 70 AD.
The struggle of the Western Roman Empire, by the 6th century, was affected by gladiatorial warfare and natural phenomena such as lightning-earthquakes. The Colosseum was used as an excavation site for the Palazzo Venezia defense fortification project, the Cathedral of St. Peter and St.
John Lateran on the banks of the Tiber River. At the beginning of the 18th century, the popes tried to appropriate the arena as a sacred Christian site. During the 20th century a combination of weather, natural disasters, neglect and vandalism destroyed about two-thirds of the original Colosseum.
Why is the Colosseum famous:
The Colosseum was originally called the Flavian Amphitheater. The Colosseum is the origin of gladiatorial combat during the Roman Empire. The Colosseum is considered for its architectural and structural sophistication, innovation. It is famous for many reasons.
The Colosseum has a significant historical value.
Best time to visit Colosseum Rome:
The Colosseum is a busy tourist destination. It is busy with visitors from noon to 4 pm. Be aware of the summer heat when visiting the Colosseum. Be aware that there is no shade or place to sit. The best time to visit the Colosseum is from November to February.
The Colosseum is busy during the Christmas and New Year holidays. The best time of day to visit the Colosseum in Rome is early morning, when the doors open. During this time, the crowd is a little less. Also, if you prefer a romantic trip, you can go 1-2 hours before the Colosseum closes. You can enjoy the golden glow of the sunset.
Opening hours Colosseum Rome :
The Colosseum is open every day of the year. Visitors can remain inside 1 hour after closing time. The Colosseum is closed on: January 1, May 1, and December 25. The schedule varies depending on the season, especially during the busy season from April to October.
Colosseum Rome ticket:
Interestingly, entry to the Colosseum is free for all on the first Sunday of every month. But the line is usually long that day. Children under 18 can enjoy free entry to the Colosseum. EU citizens between the ages of 18 and 25 will receive €2.00 less on ticket purchases. Tour travel finders provide tickets to visit colosseum Rome .
Colosseum audio guide Rome:
You can select an audio guide tour to learn about the rich history of the Colosseum. Guided tours are a bit expensive. So Colosseum audio guides are perfect if you don’t want to book it. Audio-guided tours provide a detailed understanding of the Colosseum’s history, purpose, and architecture. Audio-guided tours are cheaper than guided group tours of the Colosseum.
A Colosseum audio tour efficiently enriches a Colosseum tour. The Colosseum Audio Tour provides an insight into the fascinating history of the Romans, ancient monuments, ruins, shrines and temples. The duration of a Colosseum audio tour is one hour and ten minutes. You can make it available in multiple languages.
These languages are:
- Italian Sign Language,
- American Sign Language,
- Italian and English.
Self-guided tour or guided tour:
For those who don’t want to travel by themselves with time Multiple types of Colosseum guided tours. Generally, guided tours consist of 20 to 30 tourists in a group. The group is led by a local guide. The smaller the number of tourists in the group, the more expensive the guided tour.
If your tour is luxurious and cost is not an issue then you can easily select a guided tour. Guided tours are very personal as the guide can answer your questions and satisfy your curiosity.
Book your ticket online:
Book your Colosseum tickets as soon as you know your arrival date in Rome. Best thing for you is to go early in the morning and book online. You won’t get long lines when you go there. Sometimes you have to stand in line for more than an hour at the ticket counter. it is better to book tickets online. If you can’t find tickets on the official website, buy from a reseller. You can also call the office of Tour travel finders to provide tickets to the Colosseum.
Know Before You Go colosseum Rome:
- The Colosseum opens at 9 am so arrive at the Colosseum before 8:30 am. When it opens, you’ll be able to avoid the crowds if you get there early.
- Wear comfortable shoes as you will be doing a lot of walking.
- Don’t forget to carry a water bottle and sunscreen in summer. Wear comfortable clothes – no heels or stiff shirts that don’t hurt your feet.
- Use the metro for transportation when traveling to the Colosseum as it is quite efficient and convenient.
- Items that are prohibited include knives, butterfly knives, selfie sticks, tripods, backpacks, suitcases, and large purses.
Don’t Bring a big backpack or a rolling bag. At the entrance to the Colosseum, you won’t be allowed entry. there is no cloakroom available.
Highlights on Colosseum Rome Tour:
Some highlights inside the Colosseum are the Emperor’s Box, the Gladiator’s Gate, Arena, the Hypogeum’s and the three tiers that served different purposes.
- Arena: The Colosseum Arena was Rome’s gladiator stadium. This is where all the action happened. Arenas are where gladiator fights, animal games, theater and criminal executions are held. You need a ticket to access it.
- The Hypogeums: The hypogeum is the substructure of the Colosseum. The Colosseum was built about 10 years after its inauguration. Vespasian’s younger son built the Hypogeum. It is a series of tunnels used to house animals and slaves. Historians believe that the hypogeum was filled with water on the stage of naval battles. However, the walls are not waterproof.
- The Gladiator’s Gate: The Colosseum is entered through the “Gladiator’s Gate”. This entrance was formerly used exclusively by gladiators. The VIP entrance gives you a full sense of what it was like to enter the amphitheater for the battle dome 2,000 years ago.
- Emperor’s Box: Although no one knows for sure where the emperor’s box was located. A view of the north side of the interior of the Colosseum now shows a cross for the Christians who died in the Colosseum. There was an imperial box called the “cubiculum” where the emperor used his own chair – the bicellium. It is believed to be on the north side marked by the Christian cross. According to recent research, many changes are coming to the old ideas.
Magic Nights at Colosseum Rome:
Join a guided night Colosseum tour to enjoy the ruins in a gentle evening at the Colosseum. The Colosseum lights up shortly after sunset. This covers the main floor and lower level seats. Visit after sunset to see another version of the Colosseum. The Colosseum closes at sunset. So traveling later in the evening on another day is a smart option.
You can visit the Colosseum at night. The Colosseum offers night tours. Visitors can explore this ancient amphitheater under the moonlight. May to September are usually the summer months, during which sunset is usually around 8-9pm, so the Colosseum is illuminated at that time.
The Colosseum at night vs day: what’s better?
Visiting the Colosseum at night feels very different from visiting during the day.
However, the Colosseum can only be visited by guided tour at night.
You can visit the Colosseum during the day without a guide though, It is not supposed to be at night.
- The Colosseum is partially accessible for those traveling on wheels.
- The Colosseum has a wheelchair available for spectators on every level. There are no strollers available for rent.
- The ground floor is fully accessible but there is an accessible lift to the second level.
- How many steps in the Eiffel tower?
- Magic Nights at Casa Batllo Rooftop
- Exclusive Rijksmuseum Vermeer Tickets 2023
- The Alhambra Hall: A Wonder Of The World
- Casa Mila Night Tour Review: A Unforgettable Journey
FAQ for Audio Guide Colosseum Rome
Q. What is the Colosseum in Rome famous for?
Ans: It is famous for many reasons. The Colosseum has a significant historical value.
Q. Is it free to visit the Colosseum?
Ans: You need to have a ticket .
Q. The underground tour of the Colosseum worth it?
Ans: Yes, it is definitely worth your time.
Q. What time can you enter the Colosseum?
Ans: Colosseum is open from 9.00 am to one hour before sunset.
Q. Does Colosseum have tickets?
Q. Is it better to visit the Colosseum at night or day?
Ans: Both provide good experience.